Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Closet is Clean!!!

My apartment is simple, functional and exactly what I need in order to pursue my passions. When you have a small space to sleep, cook, eat, live and store your clothes and accessories in you have to make the most of each square foot. To that end I embarked on cleaning my modest walk in closet last week. It ends up being the 'catch all' when I want my place sparkling clean or when guests are coming for dinner. Over the course of the last year and a half it has come to house lots of bins containing what I have thought is essential to life. 

What a good cleansing will do for the soul!! I started by taking most everything out of my closet and then weeding through what I can give away, what I can sell and what I have to keep. I've been patting myself on the back ever since the cleanse. I have this lovely rack that I found in the trash a few years ago that I cleaned thoroughly and then hung on the wall of my closet. This rack houses the scores of vintage, antique and contemporary necklaces and bracelets I own.  When I go through these cleansing periods I go through each piece. Touching it, trying it on, weighing whether I need it or not. 

This photo is just a small sampling of what jewelry I am keeping. Each piece has a story. Each piece has a life of it's own. If you see me wearing one of these bracelets, ask me what it's story is. I am always happy to oblige in sharing it's history and the good memory I associate with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment